(this post is related to my product design class @prattinstitute)This weeks assignment will be to think of light (as in bulb and lamp) design … some quick random thoughts concerning this topic:
- What a bulb could stands for:
- direction and guidance
- A lamp is a piece of furniture, which gives a room it’s character
- As expensive and beautiful a lamp is, most of the time, the cord will be cheap and ugly
- They are great design for desk-lamps, floor lamps, etc… whats about kitchen and bathroom?
- What is the most interesting part? The Light…? or the shadows it creates?
Anyway, here are some very inspiring examples:
85 Lamps Chandelier by Rody Graumann
The Light Drop by Rafael Morgan
This example is featured on this post with lots of other great designs
Bare Light by
Melting light bulb von Propaganda
Funnel by Bevk Perovic
And here are some ideas I scribbled in the train:
Stay tuned 😉